Minutes:20090206

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Friday 6 February 2009: Members' Teleconference

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Susie Anne
  • Check in
    • Justin – 9 – Long night camping
    • Osha – 9 –Feeling good and satified
    • Jan- 8.5 – Drilling for water while putting up posts today.
    • Carol- 9 – Good dinner ready to go.
    • Penny - 9 – Present and looking forward
    • Mark - 8 – Present, busy
    • James - 9 – On kid duty
    • Susie Anne- 8.5 – Tummy rumbly
    • Shannon-9.5 - Overall feeling good
  • Agenda/Minutes.
    • Budget report/discussion (Carol/James)
      • Discussion
      • ACTION [x] Carol will contact the other group that had the permaculture workshop recently on the island to get a copy of their budget to help us in building our budget for the upcoming permaculture workshop in June. (Carol Wagner)
      • Jan is concerned that the farm labour line (20) is low. Carol says that it is well enough padded out.
      • ACTION All comments and questions about the Operational Budget notes are to happen on the discussion page and not directly on the Budget Notes page itself.
      • ACTION [x] Carol will show the the profit and loss (or income statement) with the budget when its presented. (Carol Wagner)
      • ACTION [x] Carol will show what the house insurance payment amounts are for the White House, the Yellow House and the Co-op. (Carol Wagner)
      • ACTION [x] The budget will be available for presentation at the next Members’ Meeting at the end of February. (Carol Wagner)
    • Reminder of newsletter deadline Wednesday, 18 February.
    • Discussion and request for $1616 and 120 hours to add an 8'x32', eight-cord woodshed extension and storage area —Jan Steinman 01:23, 4 February 2009 (UTC).
      • ACTION [x] A mock up of the woodshed to project the shadow could be done on the computer. (Jan Steinman)
      • Shannon has included a 18’ buffer between the woodshed and the new garden area.
      • The funds would be taken from the restricted funds to pay for this project. Jan.
      • The woodshed is not a vested item.
      • James considers this a priority project because it can consolidate the wood and provide valuable storage for important tools, equipment and items that are taking up space in the shop area.
      • AGREED Approval for $1616 and 120 hours of labour to add an 8'x32', eight-cord woodshed and storage extension on to the existing woodshed/tool shed. Class B shares will be issued to members who work on this project. WWOOF assistance will be used to complete the project asap. The funds will be taken from the restricted funds to pay for this project.
    • Discussion and request for Class A shares for 2172 shelving James Cowan 18:28, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
      • Class B shares would be issued to members who work on this project. Some portion of the WWOOF time of Sarah and Chris who are soon arriving can be put to this project.
      • James and Shannon would cover the costs of these projects and it would not impact Susie Anne and Morris’ vesting structure.
      • AGREED Class A shares of up to $446 will be issued to James and Shannon for 2172 shelving project after its completion as described on the Wiki page.
  • Check out-Meeting went well.
  • Meeting ends 20:00

Submitted by: Susie Anne Bartsch 20:21, 06 February 2009 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro