Minutes:20090131

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Saturday, 31 January 2009, Members' Meeting

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Susie Anne
  • Meeting starts 14:03
  • Check in:
    • Justin- 9. Got a 15 minute nap
    • Osha- 10 – got 8 hours of sleep and a nap.
    • James 9.5- discovering the agenda for the first time
    • Shannon- 10 – present even though feels like crap.
    • Carol- 8 – headache but present.
    • Jan -9. - Caffeinated and headachy
    • Rudy- 9.5 – it’s a good day
    • Susie Anne - 8.5 - not physically well
    • Silvana- ?
  • Agenda/Minutes:
    • Old business
    • APPROVED agenda.
    • APPROVED December 28 minutes & Retreat minutes: December 30 minutes, January 1 minutes.
      • ACTION [x] Susie Anne and James will check on whether there are minutes from the winter retreat that are missing from the Wiki. (Susie Anne Bartsch)
    • Stewards' council Reports
      • Discuss and agree on 2009 EcoReality Operating Budget Shan 11:08, 18 January 2009 (PST)
      • Discussion
      • The 2009 EcoReality Operating Budget is not yet ready to be agreed upon.
      • ACTION [x] Carol will look back at the emails sent to her from members about the preliminary budget she submitted in December 2008. (Carol Wagner)
      • ACTION [x] Carol, with James’ help will start a Wiki page for the 2009 EcoReality Operating Budget that will include explanations of what individual line items mean. The actual details of the budget will be on the page. (Carol Wagner)
      • AGREED Carol will be reimbursed for Yun Kung’s travel to Vancouver to submit our fencing receipts. $100.
      • AGREED Carol will be reimbursed for fencing materials. $68.51.
    • ACTION [x] Justin will create a Wiki page for a Guest Speaker Stewardship a week before the next teleconference. (Justin Roller)
    • People interested in Tree Bresson workshops will need to pursue involvement individually. Shannon has already provided the info but can provide again.
    • ACTION [x] Osha will make a Wiki page for people to put their dietary needs and concerns a week before the next teleconference. (Osha Roller)
    • Newsletter ideas: TBD
      • Osha A campfire recipe
      • Susie Anne- Growing up on a campground
      • Susie Anne – Work party and campground article
      • James campground design
    • ACTION [x] Jan will change News to Newsletter in the website side bar (Jan Steinman)
    • ACTION [x] Jan will make it easier to access the index on the website. (Jan Steinman)
    • ACTION Everyone must turn in member time sheets by February 15th for January 2009.
    • Request to establish monthly theme stewards, and get volunteers for at least the next three months —Jan Steinman 21:45, 25 January 2009 (PST)
      • Penny- Outdoor Kitchens - January
      • James campground design- February
      • Jan- Livestock-March
      • Carol - Humanure - April
      • Shannon –Teaching Permaculture- May
      • Justin - Member/Investor Relations and Recruitment-June
  • New business
    • Reminder- Do bathroom/health break halfway through meeting. We did it.
    • Request/discussion for approval of Gavin Johnston (Night Owl Farm) leasing EcoReality hayfield (south of houses) for 3 years under certified organic management in exchange for hay for EcoReality goats, and compost for EcoReality gardens according to a plan of farm value trade equivalents so we are not exchanging money (to be presented) -Shan 10:11, 29 January 2009 (PST)
      • Discussion
      • Can we/Gavin flexible about the boundaries as we may have need of parts of the field?
      • Gavin wants to use the field for hay, hayage and possibly grazing for cattle.
      • He would put up one strand of electric tape to delineate the area.
      • Could we possibly get a fence put in against the stream with partial grant monies?
      • There would need to be a buffer zone between the certified organic area and the uncertified areas.
      • Brainstorm of we might like to use this field for:
        • pathways
        • fruit processing facility
        • humanure structure
        • outdoor kitchen
        • equipment storage
        • part of campground
      • AGREED We agree to lease Gavin some portion of the 10 acre field in exchange for hay and manure and/or exchange of other items/energy, details of which will be worked out by Shannon and those supporting her.
    • Discuss 2009 Garden Plan Shan 11:08, 18 January 2009 (PST)
      • ACTION [x] Shannon will write a Wiki page about possible farm value trade equivalents specifically with Gavin and possibly other local/non-local people. (Shannon Cowan)
    • Items moved here from friday's teleconference or arising from Residents' meetings:
      • Report on insurance — Shannon Cowan.
      • Shannon has emailed us all the details of the insurance policies we hold.
      • New members names and pertinent info need to be added to our insurance policy.
      • ACTION [x] New members names and pertinent info need to be added to our insurance policy. (Shannon Cowan)
      • IMPORTANT FUTURE ACTION If we erect and structures we need to remember to add them to the insurance policy when appropriate.
      • ACTION [x] Our insurance agent has a concern about some items being owned cooperatively and some individually. Shannon will clarify with her that at this time most item are owned individually and will notify her when this changes. (Shannon Cowan)
      • ACTION [x] All members and involved parties will read insurance policies and will get feedback back to Shannon by February 14th so she can get back to our insurance agent by the end of February. (Shannon Cowan)
    • Report on Harry's berries — Jan Steinman
      • ACTION [x] Jan still needs to go and see the berry bushes and the trees before Harry leaves. (Jan Steinman)
    • Reminder to change Wiki to new meeting times for future members meetings and add residents meetings to Wiki.--SA 11:59, 31 January 2009 (PST)
      • ACTION [x] Jan will change Wiki to new meeting times for future members meetings and add residents meetings to Wiki again. (Jan Steinman)
      • ACTION Please review these items and get back to with feedback from members by February 7th.
    • Notice of Record Noj has written a letter withdrawing her membership for now. She may have ongoing involvement.
      • ACTION [x] Shannon will seek Noj’s feedback about her experience. (Shannon Cowan)
      • ACTION [x] Carol will put into motion Noj’s withdrawal from membership. (Carol Wagner)
    • Jan requests that we start a discussion on Provisional membership.
    • Discuss and agree to make Osha and Justin full members.
      • AGREED Justin and Osha Roller are now full members of EcoReality. Yippee!!!
    • Notes about adding items to meeting agendas:
      • Requests- put your requests on agenda 1 week before the meeting or email them directly to facilitator if it has to be closer to the meeting time.
      • Attach how much time you think your item will take
    • Silvana is inquiring about what is involved in becoming a provisional member.
    • Briefly review schedules- Travel, videoconference dates, changes to potlucks etc.
    • Closing
    • Confirm facilitator and recorder for next meeting; confirm theme steward for next month.
    • Circle Check-out/Feedback/Appreciation
    • Adjourn, continue discussions while preparing for potluck.
  • Meeting ends 20:15pm

Submitted by Susie Anne Bartsch Tuesday 27 January, 2009

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!