Minutes:20090125

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Sunday 25 January 2009: Residents' Meeting

  • Check in
    • Shannon – 10.2 – Happy Jeremy is here.
    • Susie Anne – 9 – Lifted parental funk.
    • James – 7.5 – Yesterday’s dinner gave him bad indigestion.
    • Jan – 9 – Too many things on his mind.
    • Carol – 7 – Just tired.
  • Agenda/Minutes:
    • Approved last week's minutes.
    • Schedule work party to Harry Burton's place to dig 100sq ft of raspberries that have been donated. Needs to happen before Feb 11 or after Feb 28. —Jan Steinman
      • Discussion:
      • How will we transport? Where will we put them?
      • It would be ideal to get them put in by mid February.
      • ACTION [x] Jan will meet with Harry next week and assess if this is something we can do while Harry is away. Jan will also check out the apple trees he has offered. What kind, how old etc. (Jan Steinman)
      • ACTION [x] Shannon will talk to Gavin about composted manure by Wednesday this week. (Shannon Cowan)
      • ACTION [x] Carol will check another manure source as well. (Carol Wagner)
    • Firewood - measuring use in each house, how much we think we'll need this season, how viable the maple is to burn and option of crediting J&C for wood brought from Sharp Rd and splitting any costs for firewood above that credit between houses. James Cowan
      • Discussion:
      • It takes approximately 14 weeks for the White House to burn a cord-James.
      • The maple is too wet to burn-James.
      • James figures we will need 2-3 more cords to get through this year.
      • ACTION [x] Jan and Carol are going to measure how much wood they are using. James has already done this for the White House. (Jan Steinman)
      • ACTION [x] James will call his workmate Catherine to order 2 2/3 cords of wood for $500 plus $50 for ferry ride. He will also check around on the island. He will do this tomorrow, Monday. (James Cowan)
      • AGREED Jan and Carol will be credited $200 per cord for the 3 cords of wood they brought from Sharp Road. This is a total of $600.
      • AGREED Once we assess how much wood each house is using we will then split the cost of wood accordingly.
    • Farm insurance- Will we get an expanded policy? What items are covered in households? What agreements would we like to make about making a claim? James Cowan 20:01, 23 January 2009 (PST)
      • Discussion:
      • We need a detailed report on what our farm policy actually is. Ashley from Island Savings Insurance has not been reliable.
      • We know that our deductible is $500.
      • Jan and Carol have put a claim for $6500 for two tents and art work after the winter damage.
      • ACTION [x] Shannon will call ISI to find out who Ashley’s supervisor is before this Wednesday and get more details about the farm policy. (Shannon Cowan)
    • Classroom rentals- How do we find out what our insurance covers for classroom rental? Do all outside renters need insurance? Are there activities (such as clothing exchanges or speaking engagements) that can be exempt from needing insurance? James Cowan 20:01, 23 January 2009 (PST)
      • Discussion:
      • Jan’s understanding is that anyone who uses the classroom has to have some kind of agricultural-related subject matter for it to be covered under EcoReality’s policy. We have to see our policy to know how to proceed.
      • ACTION [x] EcoReality will not have any further rentals until we have clearly seen and understood that our insurance covers us for such rentals.
    • Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices.
      • ACTION [x] Jan or Carol will drive James and Jeremy to the ferry on this Wednesday at 9:20am. (Jan Steinman)
      • ACTION [x] Jan or Carol will pick up James from the ferry on this Thursday at 5:35pm. (Jan Steinman)
      • Selena may come this weekend.
      • Shannon will contact Noj to see if she is intending to come.
      • Justin may be coming early on Friday.
    • Members’ Weekend
      • AGREED We will have a Heart Circle on Saturday at 10am.
      • AGREED We will have a garden walk on Sunday at 9:30am.
  • Check out
    • Jan 9.5 – Happy to have another good meeting.
    • James- 9 – Good meeting. Lots more on his list now.
    • Shannon – 10 – Getting tired. Thank you.
    • Carol – 8.5 – Better. Still tired.
    • Susie Anne – 9.7248 – I like you people.

Meeting ends 20:15pm

Submitted by Susie Anne Bartsch Tuesday 27 January, 2009

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!