Minutes:20090111

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Sunday 11 January 2009: Residents' Meeting

  • Check in
    • Carol- 6- I’m here. (Still ill.)
    • Jan – 8.5 - Doing head stuff all day.
    • Yun-Kang – 6 – Interested to see what issues are.
    • Rudy – 8.5 – present. Sore from pole digging.
    • James – 9.526 – Feeling the work from fencing.
    • Susie Anne – 10 – Much better day than yesterday.
    • Shannon – 9 - Hope Sienna isn’t sick. Good to spend time on moving in stuff.


  • Agenda/Minutes:
    • AGREED As of next week we will review minutes during the meetings.
    • Shannon is going to make a Farm Management Planning Categories page on the Wiki by next week.
    • Fence update: Progressing well. We need about 40 more cross braces. We need to get more gravel. Jan will pick up gravel tomorrow.
    • Discuss ING Meeting Hosting April 1st-Shan 11:26, 8 January (PST). This is in the middle of our Spring Retreat. We agree to have it and have it take place at the Yellow House.
    • Discuss capoeira class and the lack of insurance James Cowan 11:27, 11 January 2009 (PST) We will request that Rudy have insurance as every other space user in the classroom has. We will ask that he has purchased insurance by Feburuary 27th, 2009 or stop having classes there as of that date. James will notify him tomorrow.
    • AGREED Discuss central recycling idea James Cowan 11:29, 11 January 2009 (PST). Carol and Shannon will work together to make the Yellow House recycling depot available for common use. This will be on a trial basis until the end of April.
    • Discuss firewood- how long until we run out? Report from James on wood deals. Discuss how costs are split. James Cowan 17:04, 11 January 2009 (PST) James will pursue a trade of our fence posts for dry split firewood with Catherine (who he works with). James and Jan will meet as soon as possible regarding cost sharing of the wood.
    • Discuss James' classroom stewardship, notes from retreat and possible changes James Cowan 11:29, 11 January 2009 (PST)}} James will write a proposal for a Lease Agreement Stewardship and complete the Classroom Steward write up.
    • Jan and Carol will likely be leaving for Oregon on this coming Friday for one week.
    • SA will be gone to Vancouver for a half day on Jan 27th. Back by midnight.
    • AGREED The Sunday Residents’ meeting will start at 7pm on Sundays from here on in.
    • Discuss Farm profit center budget ideas -Shan 22:44, 10 January 2009 (PST) Discussion: There could be a garden produce price list for residents, (less than wholesale)-this income would go to the co-op. There could be a separate price system for the farm gate and market. Further discussion to come.


  • Check out 20:24pm
    • Jan – 10 - Doing head stuff all day.
    • Carol- 7 - Good meeting.
    • Shannon – 9.4 - Still quite distracted. Appreciating people at the meeting.
    • Susie Anne – 9 – My kid’s on the toilet.
    • James – 10 – Good.
    • Rudy – 9 – Starting to enjoy meetings.
    • Yun-Kang – 7 – Doesn’t think he drifted away.


Submitted by Susie Anne Bartsch

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro