other meetings this year
Friday 9 January 2009: Members' Teleconference
- Meeting brought to order at 19:05
- Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Susie Anne Bartsch, Noj McAllister, MarkStiffler, James Cowan, Penny Pobiecke, Shannon Cowan, Morris Lamrock
- Facilitator: Jan
- Recorder: Susie Anne
- Check in
- Jan- 9.5 – Had fun working on the fence posts. Needs some down time.
- Carol- – I am here. (Has laryngitis!)
- Noj – pretty present but spent-family issues etc.
- Susie Anne- 9 – happy to be here.
- Mark - 8 – very present, lots of weather issues where he is.
- Penny - 5 – quite a week at work-heavy issues with no time process the retreat.
- James - 10 - grateful for tv that is distracting the children. Great day working with logs and the new woofer, Rudy and Jan.
- Shannon-9.5 - On the ferry having just attending grad student presentations.
- AGREED Mark requested that approval of past minutes be included into agendas. Jan agrees to put them in.
- Susie Anne gave Noj a brief recap of the members’ retreat.
- Budget Discussion
- James noted that the GST payments are not yet included in the budget as it stands. Discussion.
- Carol agrees as Finance Steward that she will study how GST works. (Carol Wagner)
- James will supply his information on GST to Carol. (James Cowan)
- Carol will amend the “Food for farm labourers” to include “lodging”. (Carol Wagner)
- Members' business arising from residents' meeting:
- Request for holding equity for Susie Anne Bartsch and Morris Lamrock from their monthly housing payments. Discussion is all positive. We agree to discuss again at next teleconference and agree at the next members’ meeting at end of January.
- Request/discussion to permanently move our monthly meetings to Sunday morning, so those involved with Saturday market can partake. Everyone twinkles. James will liaise with Justin and Osha before agreement is made in March.
- Request/discussion to cover ferry fare and odometer for a trip to Sooke to pick up some donated items. --Jan Steinman 12:12, 9 January 2009 (PST) Consensus met to provide ferry and fuel costs to get these items when they are available.
- Request/discussion for Morris Lamrock as apprenticeship steward. Morris commits to having his job description on the Wiki in 7 days for discussion/agreement at the next teleconference.
- Request/discussion for Susie Anne Bartsch as work party steward. SA commits to having her job description on the Wiki in 7 days for discussion/agreement at the next teleconference.
- Request/discussion for Susie Anne Bartsch as child care steward. SA commits to having her job description on the Wiki in 7 days for discussion/agreement at the next teleconference.
- Tabled Items
- Request/discussion for approval of EcoReality reimbursing resident households $10 per day for cost of feeding and lodging WWOOFers, apprentices (or other farm labourers as so designated in agreement by EcoReality)-Shan 12:49, 7 January 2009 (PST)}}
- Check out
- Noj – good.
- Susie Anne- 9 – Still happy to be here.
- Mark - 8 – big agenda, glad we moved through as much as we did.
- Penny - – Better.
- James - 9 – Child is scared of the Muppets. Multitasking.
- Shannon- gone to get off ferry.
- Carol- – Still here.
- Jan- 10 – (SA missed comment but he went up so it must have been positive!)
- Morris -9.5 – Check in and out. Not as isolated since talking to us. Wearing his winter coat in living room.
- Meeting ends 19:53
—Submitted by: Susie Anne Bartsch 09 January 2009 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus