other meetings this year
Sunday 31 December 2008: Rhythms Meeting
- Present: members: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Mark Stiffler, Penny Pobiecke, Rudy Siegers, Morris Lamrock, and Susie Anne Bartsch.
- Facilitator: James
- Recorder: Carol
- Weekly, monthly & yearly
- Spring Retreat - 29 March - 4 April 209
- Permaculture Course - 6-21 June 2009
- Winter Retreat 2009 - 27 December 2009 - 2 January 2010
- Teleconferences - 2nd Friday before and the Friday after Members weekend.
- Work parties - once a month on Friday (TBD). Meals will be switched between Yellow and White houses and that house will bill EcoReality for the number of meals served.
- Public work parties on the Friday before Members weekend. Susie Anne will steward the first quarter of 2009. Request that they bring their own tools.
- Resident meetings - with new residents, a review will be made to see if there needs to be a change.
- Heart circles - monthly and as needed.
- Monthly themes - Intent is Public workshop/outreach:
- January - Outdoor kitchen - Penny will do research
- February - Campground design
- March - Livestock
- April - Humanure - Carol would like to steward a workshop.
- May - Permaculture
- June - Member/Investor Recruiting - Shannon (and maybe Noj) would like to steward.
- July - Permaculture Site Design
- August - Water Management
- September - Functional Perennials/Winter Gardens
- October - Consensus/Facilitation workshop
- November - Strategy, Budget & Planning for 2010
- December - Reflection, Review & Revisiting
Submitted by Carol Wagner 14:14 01 January 2009 (PDT)
Wednesday 31, December 2008: Past and Future Budgets
- Start at 10:30am
- Present: Shannon, james, Rudy, Stacy, Jan, Carol, Susie Anne, Mark
- Facilitator: Penny
- Recorder: Morris
- Started with activity to explore our individual relationship with finance
- 5 minute summary of Ecoreality finances
- * sold Ecoreality “lite” for $755,000…paid $825,000
- * bought Hughes farm , vesting strategy adopted $1,700,000 …put $900,000 down, owe $800,000
- * new members
- * fencing materials
- many cost are still vague such as taxes and utilities
- existing “profit centers” are 1. Farm 2. Co-op
- brainstorm attempted to explore “What budget system do we want to have?”, but didn’t happen.
- Became an explanation of “present reality”
- * James proposed a timeline for structure to create budget
Future Plan for 2009
- Individual budgets to be proposed by each steward in Oct. meeting each year
- Online and teleconference discussion by members prior to Nov. to clarify question and concerns
- Finance steward and committee take steward proposals and discussion and formulates and overall budget to be presented to members by late Nov. for agreement
- Dec. meeting includes a recap of the accepted budget
- Stewards have authority to spend their allotted budget
- Operations budget based on projected income, to be e-mailed to members
- Request for approval in Jan. meeting
- Projects/capital improvements – continue to approve project pages via Wiki
- Stewardship budgets , if applicable presented
Submitted by Morris at 17:09 PST on January 15, 2009
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus