other meetings this year
Tuesday 2 September 2008: Resident's Meeting
- Meeting brought to order at 9:19am
- Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner
- Facilitator: Carol
- Recorder: James
- Check in
- Carol- 9- good sleep. Feel good today. Get things done today
- Shannon- 9.5- did something funny to neck. Grateful for Susie Anne and Jessie.
- James 8- Woke up early – crazy thoughts
- Jan 5- Too much stuff to do. Lots of websites to do and teaching permaculture starting Sep 8.
- To do list- need to update. Email Jan if page is locked.
- Recap weekend- Run money through the co-op? James and Carol will discuss it and possibly do that at the next meeting.
- Suggestion- Do formal, or semi formal starting of the meal so people know when to start eating and what it is. Do ingredient list.
- Organize and prepare work parties more. Have well defined tasks and sign up sheets.
- Interest payment- Part of closing costs. Jan and Carol paid. Part of their class A shares.
- J&C Mortgage- J&S will review documents, make proposal for working off part of the interest portion. Co-op budget needs to also be done. Deadline is Sep 19 teleconf. Principal portion can be used for capital projects.
- Schedule conflict- see email.. Resolved. Qi Gong knows about our workshop and has canceled their class on our Tree Bressen workshop day.
- Agreed Susie Anne is approved as a long term guest at white house.
- Classroom rent-
- Propose on teleconference: Shannon (Dharm Atma Yoga) will pay 25% of revenue or $10 per hour (whichever is lower), Rudy H (Capoeira) will pay 25% of revenue or $10 per hour (whichever is lower). Any other renters will pay a minimum of $10 per hour (floor) VS 25% of revenue (ceiling).
- This is an interim rate. New rate structure will happen in 2009.
- Weekly potluck sched for residents- Thursday White house, Sat yellow house.
- Sep 27 weekend- work with Jan on schedule for houses and bedrooms. May need to do dorm style people sleeping on floor. J&C will work on bedding options for new beds.
- Open house
- 1pm – 4pm- Afternoon open house
- Parking at 2172.
- Meeting area and gathering in classroom.
- Kids play area in white house
- Tour in yellow house for main floor only, not up and down stairs.
- Setup- James
- Parking/greeter- James, Jan
- F&B- Carol – Shannon will help with prep
- Tour leader- Shannon, Jan
- Do open house parking sign on berm – two arrows
- 6pm- Potluck
- 8pm Movie or activity (decide in advance).
- People to invite:
- ING list
- Harry Burton list
- Qi Gong list
- Morningside bakery
- Check out-
- Jan- 6- appreciate ideas, meeting went long. Lots to do in meeting.
- Carol- 8.5. Sitting makes feel lethargic
- Shannon- 9. Neck and back feel better
- James 9.5- Taking minutes means paying attention.
Adjourned at 10:42
Submitted by James Cowan 13:47, 5 September 2008 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus