Minutes:20080808

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Friday 8 August 2008: Member's Teleconference

Facilitator: Jan Steinman Carol is away

Recorder: Shannon Cowan James is hosting work potluck

  1. All present recorded for minutes.
  2. Check-in
  3. Approve agenda:
    • Susie Anne queried whether meeting needs rescheduling due to low member turn out
      • Jan replied that regular resolutions do not require any specific number of members
    • Penny clarified she represents Mark and they went over agenda together
  4. Topics:
    1. Status of Lite and Huge closings --Jan Steinman 12:44, 31 July 2008 (PDT)
      • Sharp Road subject removal Aug 15
      • Minor communications indicate buyers may let tenants stay to end of 2008
      • Chimney and property inspections completed, all appears on track
    2. Huge:
      • $3800 monthly interest payments for every month past Aug 1, 2008
      • Shannon and James offered to loan for one month interest
      • Shannon queried whether we can pay out of EcoReality pocket for closing on Huge
        • Jan replied that we can probably find what we need among members, but it is not included in spreadsheet yet
    3. Status of SEEDS non-profit --Jan Steinman 12:44, 31 July 2008 (PDT)
      • Previous elected officers agreed to elect EcoReality members to the board
      • Signing authority of SEEDS bank account will happen when Carol and Shannon are next both available at once
      • Not for profit can take donations, Jan to think of creative ways the two can work together
      • Morris: Does SEEDS have charitable status?
        • Jan replied we intend to put effort into this
      • Penny: how will funds all remain separate? Will educational workshops go through the nonprofit?
        • Jan: EcoReality members will make up majority of SEEDS directors, maintaining one or two Non-EcoReality (public) directors to insure EcoReality is at arms length and tread carefully to avoid issue with self-dealing e.g. need public advertising of items like "request for proposals" if SEEDS is to grant money for example. Main purpose of SEEDS: Synergies between two organizations and ability to accept donations, charitable status.
      • Susie Anne: Does it need more board members, could be available
        • Jan: We loosely discussed 3 from EcoReality and 2 from outside community
      • Carol and Shannon to go to bank to get signing authority for SEEDS
    4. Review agreements of Residents' Meeting of Minutes:20080802 Jan Steinman 20:13, 7 August 2008 (PDT)
      • completed, no concerns raised, some clarifications sought and answered by Jan and Shannon
    5. Tree Bressen workshop details (sent by Shannon to membership Aug 3)--Shan 08:17, 4 August 2008 (PDT)
      • Penny expressed support for Sep 27, regardless of individual cost
      • Longer Facilitation Series, Penny expressed on behalf of him that Mark would like to commit to attend every single if possible; Cost may be issue to them due to time he cannot work, and may result in Mark not attending EcoReality monthly meeting those months
      • Shannon clarified this Facilitation Series with Tree will be on Aug 30 meeting as more time and more members needed to flesh it out fully, and she clarified that Tree told all 7 communities that the attendees from each community need not be the same people every time, and that 30 slots were potentially open for each, with 5 reserved for host community possibly free of charge to them; Shannon agreed to post to membership and potentials by email a more thorough proposal for Facilitation Series prior to Aug 30 meeting and to place this discussion on Agenda for that meeting
    6. Discussion of requests circulated by Shannon Aug 3 by email for Tree workshop event--Shan 08:17, 4 August 2008 (PDT)
      • Jan suggests that we open Tree Sep 27 to Advisory and tell them first come first served, not by invitation
      • Shannon agreed
      • Morris asked whether adding non EcoReality members could be in issue in terms of energy in workshop?
        • Jan: pros and cons (from experience with this type of situation with Tree), suggests we give Advisory Council head start to fill spots
      • Morris: appreciates clarification and supports this, later stated he is thrilled EcoReality is hosting Tree since he has worked with her previously (as have Jan and Carol) and thinks very highly of her work
      • Susie Anne: process for selecting two or three people who get to go to Facilitation Series
      • Members and others on call either consented or abstained to all requests from Aug 3 email by Shannon about Tree Bressen
        • AGREED: EcoReality agrees to host Tree Bressen on Sep 27 for one day workshop and two nights accommodation and meals. Ecoreality agrees to send $125US to Tree in advance for travel costs and to pay Tree $400US on the day of the event as a group rate. Jan agreed to check into the equitability of this contribution and to reply to group if he has any more concerns or suggestions.
    7. Request to move September EcoReality Business Meeting to Sunday September 28 at 10 am to accommodate special workshop with Tree Bressen--Shan 16:10, 5 August 2008 (PDT)
      • Jan requested to move this to Aug 30 agenda, and will steward that action
    8. Compassionate Communication Workshop update and new options for EcoReality
      • Tabled for this meeting
    9. Discuss request circulated Aug 3 from Shannon for Hospitality--Shan 08:17, 4 August 2008 (PDT)
      • AGREED: Non resident members and guests will pay the household they are staying in (or using facilities) for meals and lodging according to previously agreed upon guest lodging rate.
    10. Discuss request circulated Aug 3 from Shannon for Labour--Shan 08:17, 4 August 2008 (PDT)
      • Childcare: participants on call agreed to add to this request that childcare givers be requested to come meet other parents and children at least 1 hour in advance of childcare session(s)
      • AGREED: consent was given by all on call for both (proposal was passed) Accommodation, Labour and Childcare requests
    11. New request for public event with Adam Perry Sunday August 31st 7pm Slideshow about his Non-Profit Earth Rising Foundation Tanzanian Natural Building Orphanage Project, see website for Earth Rising Foundation--Shan 13:47, 8 August 2008 (PDT)
      • Jan requested Yukoners give their opinion, Susie Anne asked about contribution expected?
        • AGREED: EcoReality will host Adam Parry workshop with similar format to Mike Nickerson workshop.
      • Lots of head nodding about running this like Mike Nickerson event, consented by all on call
      • Susie Anne wonders about splitting with Qi Gong group if EcoReality now owns the building
        • Jan replied that Qi Gong users rent space to be able to use it at will, discussion about coordination with EcoReality events, or private member events in the space needs to be ongoing
        • Written agreement will be sought soon
        • Susie Anne, thanks and looks forward to further discussion
      • ACTION: [x] Email for consensus on Adam Perry August 31 event (Shannon Cowan)
  5. Confirm facilitator for next meeting (Friday, 22 August teleconf): Carol, and recorder: James
  6. Check-out: Morris expressed gratitude to co-founding families for being catalysts and putting enormous amount of work, Jan feels that Susie Anne and Morris are the kind of people who have community experience and the kind of skills EcoReality could well use, Shannon feels very warm towards Susie Anne and Morris and Jan, Susie Anne expressed feeling well inside and that the process to put a for sale sign up on their house has she and Morris getting ready to make big moves in their new paths and direction
  7. 21:17 Adjourned

-- respectfully submitted, though frustrated with numbering, need to do wiki learning to improve minute-taking skills Shannon Cowan 22:10, 29 July 2008 (PDT)'

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro