Minutes:20080426

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Saturday 26 April 2008: Member's Meeting

  • Meeting brought to order: 13:17
  • Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Justin Roller, Osha Roller, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner.
  • Facilitator: James
  • Recorder: Jan
  • Check in
    • Carol: 8.9, grateful to be alive and in the moment.
    • Shannon: 9.5, a little tired, but happy to be here.
    • Jan: 10, a lot of work to do, but thankful for all that is happening and for new members.
    • James: 10, loves our meetings!
    • Justin: 8, excited to be here, but a bit tired.
    • Osha: 8, distracted by Lily, but glad to be here.
  • Old business
    • Agenda approved.
    • March 29 minutes approved.
    • Stewards' Council
    • Time sheets
      • All members turned in time for March.
      • Jan introduced new data being collected (project, activity, accomplishment), and Carol will update logging forms appropriately.
  • New business
    • Membership discussion -- answered questions from Justin & Osha.
    • Publicity ideas discussion
      • Shannon mentioned Cooperative Housing Canada, Canadian Ecovillage Network, and ATTRA sites to add/update, and agricultural approach to college publicity.
      • Justin volunteered to co-ordinate publicity with the Vancouver Peak Oil group.
      • Osha will do a first draft of a press release for a broader audience.
    • Food Not Lawns
      • AGREED: EcoReality can host Heather Flores's workshop as long as Jamie Capranos and her friend Karen do most of the footwork.
      • Justin will promote in Vancouver
    • Membership procedure overview -- tabled. Jan will print out info for the four existing members and Justin & Osha to fill out.
      • Jan reported that Penny & Mark are in the process of completing their application, and should have it in the mail shortly.
    • Membership in FIC
      • AGREED: EcoReality will spend $40 to join FIC
    • Membership in Ecovillage Network of Canada
      • Not enough information available to make a decision -- Jan will research for next meeting.
    • Proposal to lease balance of Hughes Farm until Farmers Institute takes it over
      • AGREED: Jan will take the next step in pursuing this.
    • Ratify role of communication steward
      • AGREED: Communication steward role as previously described.
      • Osha would like to "apprentice" and help out with communications.
      • Shannon would like to help with the newsletter.
    • Discuss ideas for group process activities
      • AGREED: Shannon is new group process steward, and will create a page for that role and begin planning and supporting group process activities.
    • Discuss Proposed labour policy (revised for 2008) and Resident rental policy
      • James took notes of the discussion, and will update the web pages appropriately.
      • Further elaboration by all invited in order to craft a proposal to pass by the May meeting.
  • Closing
    • Justin: 8.5, liked the process, enjoyed the meeting.
    • Osha: still at 8, child care would be great; liked the meeting structure.
    • Carol: 9.5, extremely grateful for how we work together.
    • Shannon: 9.5, distracted by kids, grateful for facilitation.
    • Jan: 9.5, grateful for new blood, meeting went on a bit too long.
    • James: 9, meeting went on longer than planned, grateful for what we got done.
  • Meeting adjourned at 15:44

-- respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 23:45, 27 April 2008 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro