(Redirected from Minutes:20080329 AGM)
Saturday, 29 March 2008: Annual General Meeting
- Meeting brought to order: 12:30
- Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner.
- Facilitator: Jan
- Recorder: Carol
- Check in
- Shannon: 9.5 - Complex. Feeling a lot more flowing, possible, coming in the moment. Not scared. Grateful for who we are, not who we could be. Gratitude.
- Carol: 9.25 - Thankful for Jan for helping me through the ups and downs. Grateful for James & Shannon.
- Jan: 9 - Thankful for James' & Shannon's support currently and the past few months.
- James: 9.5 - Thank Jan & Carol for all the work, hosting potential members, working through the ups and downs. Thinking about the big picture - beyond personal issues. Great learning experience.
- Annual General Meeting agenda approved.
- Last years minutes approved.
- To not use an external auditor was approved.
- Carol will provide 1/1/07 - 12/31/07 Income Statement to the members and will have a special meeting to approve the AGM finance report.
- Accepted Annual Report pending the addition of COG and video "Gardens of Destiny" in the Communications Outreach List.
- Current stewards elected for another term.
- Dividend proposal is withdrawn pending sale of Sharp Road property.
- AGM adjourned until 5 pm for special meeting.
Saturday, 29 March 2008: Member's Meeting
- Monthly Members Meeting
- Old Business
- Agenda approved.
- January January minutes & February February 1 minutes minutes approved.
- Finance Report - Balance in all accounts $1936.23 - Approved.
- Open action items - Jan has updated to do list. With the offer on this property, Jan will remove all items having to do with improvements.
- Lavender workshop - tentatively planned for 31 May pending to move to new property. It will include a talk about lavender & biodiesel, followed by a potluck & workshop for Shannon's interns.
- New Business
- Provisional Membership Proposal - Approved
- Raising money - Jan is talking to friends & family about investing. Concerns about BC Securities - Jan will provide a link to private and early stage offerings that everyone should read before talking to other investors.
- Property purchase update deferred.
- Jan has proposed a new stewardship for himself - Land Use Planning Steward - Approved.
- Adding non-member stewards - Jan has suggested asking Anne Macey, Jane Squire & Dan Jason to be non-member stewards to have key public individuals involved. It was suggested that a proposal be written up with with needs. James will work with Jan on the proposal by next meeting.
- Clarification - Offsite members will pay beginning 26 Mar as outlined in the work section of the welcome letter - approved.
- Clarification - Each member works 10 hours per month for the co-op. If any of these hours are not worked they pay $15.00 per hour to the co-op - Approved.
- Finances - James & Shannon have agreed to pay Co-Op dues for Feb and Mar to come up to date.
- Jan wants to place an ad in Communities Magazine Reach section. Cost approximately $75.00. Jan will circulate add for approval - Approved.
- Review schedules - 5 April potluck will be removed as Jan and Carol will be away. Video conferences will be on Fridays unless otherwise rescheduled.
- Old Business
- Facilitator for next meeting - James
- Recorder for next meeting - Jan
- Check out:
- Jan - 10 - Pumped since 6 March - adrenaline running - focused on accepting the positive and blind to contingencies. Grateful to everyone.
- Shannon - 9.5 - Good energizer, clear, questions about subject removal.
- James - 10 - Exciting work to do. Grateful to Jan and Carol. The land is perfect, but a complex situation.
- Carol - 9.75 - Excited! Looking forward to being there, but staying in the moment.
- Meeting adjourned at 14:00
-- respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 9:30, 30 March 2008 (PST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus