Minutes:20080223

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Saturday, 23 February 2008: Member's Meeting

  • Meeting brought to order: 10:02
  • Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner.
  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Carol
  • Check in
    • Shannon: 10 - Not prepared electronically, but here emotionally and spiritually. Glad to be here.
    • Carol: 8.5 - Did not sleep well. New pain on top of all the old ones.
    • Jan: 9 - Way to many things going on. Prepared for meeting.
    • James: 7.5 - Unprepared, forgot notebook. Did not send out monthly update. Feeling behind - wanting to get caught up.
    • Agenda approved with addition of two items. Carol - sink; James - newsletter alias.
  • January minutes not approved. Shannon will make correction to change wording to say what she thought she said.
  • February 1 minutes approved.
  • Old business:
    • Finance Report - Balance $1755.65 (604.16 Restricted); Security Deposit $518.75; Carol will recalculate septic charge to better reflect EcoReality portion.
    • Time sheets - James & Shannon will turn theirs in.
    • Open action items:
      • To do list - All agreed to strike from the list:
        • Minutes:20070505: Shannon will contact Dan Jason about doing a seed saving workshop. (Shannon Cowan)
        • Minutes:20070505: Shannon will contact possible trainers for lavender work party. (Shannon Cowan) Old_to_do: Seek coop grant money from BC Cooperative Association -- (Jan Steinman)
        • Minutes:20061101: Extend shelving under counter in S bedroom. (James Cowan)
        • Minutes:20061202: James will book DLC and manage the process. (James Cowan)
        • Minutes:20070303: contact Jan Taylor (Jan Steinman)
        • Minutes:20070929: Program for November. (James Cowan);
        • Time bank created in database, but not ready for overall usage; James to revise membership FAQ; welcome letter reorganized; wiki page 2008 themes, complete; review monthly themes, complete; Jan check with sister, complete.
      • Accountability of Co-op buddy system coach. James reports that it really works for him. Shannon has done it once and needs to touch base again to reaffirm that connection. Suggested that Carol contact Jan Slakov about being her coach.
  • New business
    • Annual report 2008 - AGM will be held prior to next meeting
    • Jan moved that the current slate of Stewards continue for 2008, James seconded, all approved. Deadline for Stewards Reports is 15 March 2008.
    • Lavender workshop 2008 - Shannon has put up a proposal on the wiki and we all formally agree to host workshop. The proposed date of 27 June may change and will be firmed up by next meeting.
    • Review schedules:
      • Jan @ OUR July 14-28, @ EcoReality briefly and then on the road to/from Michigan most of August.
      • James & Shannon @ EcoReality from 28 July to 11 August, moving over on 30 August
      • Move members meeting to 30 July, no formal meeting in August, possible video conference
      • June 28 meeting tentative because of James' schedule.
    • Space allocation
      • March discuss planning ahead for James & Shannon's move in September. Everyone will come to the next meeting with proposals of personal and common areas.
      • James & Shannon will look at Jan's proposal in an e-mail that was based on area/equity.
    • Sink - Carol proposed that we remove the sink in James & Shannon's room and offer it on loan to Kong/Roy for use in Dave's room.
    • E-mail notifications- James wants a new identity such as "News@EcoReality" for e-mails to advisory - Jan will look into it.
  • Closing
    • Facilitators the same for March
    • April - James will become Facilitator, and Jan Recorder.
    • Each member to think of a theme or workshop they would like to produce for the coming year - present the idea in March.
  • Check out:
    • Jan - 10 - Thankful to James & Shannon for understanding equity and understanding our situation.
    • Shannon - 10 - Grateful to acknowledge emotional attachment to financial issues. Connected and appreciating differences - need to convince ourselves before we can convince others.
    • James - 9.5 - Grateful for homework and things we are putting together to prepare for move to island.
    • Carol - 9.5 - So grateful for meetings that bring us together -- makes it easier that we can talk -- thank you guys for that!
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:05

-- respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 9:30, 24 February 2008 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro