Minutes:20070804

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Saturday 4 August 2007: Member's Meeting

  • Meeting brought to order: 10:31
  • Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Miguel, Adam Perry, Jan Steinman, Tasha, Carol Wagner.
  • Facilitator: Shannon
  • Recorder: Jan
  • Check in
    • Carol: 7
    • Tasha: 7
    • Jan: 8
    • James: 7, tense because of pager problems, glad to be here
    • Adam: 8, came for membership info, lot going on in life
    • Miguel: 6-8, tired from travel
    • Shannon: 10, feeling really good, got good sleep
  • Old business
    • Agenda approved
    • Minutes approval deferred
    • Guest Q&A deferred to 11:45
    • Finance report -- no changes
      • Carol will provide statement before James & Shannon leave on Monday
    • ACTION:
    • Short explanation to visitors about the co-op and James/Shannon relationship, and site lease
    • Projects and time sheets reviewed
      • AGREED: need to record minutes of vidconf if any decisions are made
      • Devote time during vidconf to finding project stuff for James & Shannon to do toward their hours
      • Further discussion on project planning will be moved to vidconf
    • Membership process nailed down?
    • Strike Shannon's lavender workshop
  • New business
    • Co-op grant money, Shannon can help
    • Carol & Shannon will meet about use of the sun room as a gallery
    • ACTION:
    • Deferred low-priority to-do items
    • ACTION:
    • Programs:
      • Carol September 30 workshop on Preserving Fruits & Vegetables
      • November theme: structure and organization, James will organize workshop
    • Newsletter
      • Carol: processing & preserving food
      • Shannon: drying food
      • James: fermentation
    • Discussion on feedback: we will discuss with each other when non-working guests are on site
    • ACTION: [x] Re-organize welcome letter. (Jan Steinman)
      • Tasha: shorten letter, need a guided read-through
      • Miguel: oral or demo is much better
  • Guest Q&A
    • Adam: questions about present and eventual capacity
    • Miguel: how do I fit in?
    • fundamentals discussed: housing type/placement, number of people
  • Closing
    • Carol: 8, grateful for everyone's input and ease of working through things
    • Jan: 9.5, grateful for guests & focus on future
    • Tasha: 8, excited to see this happening, reassuring to see many people doing things in similar ways
    • James: 9.5, great making hard decisions fast, keep giving feedback
    • Adam: 8, nice to be in the meeting
    • Miguel: 9.5, normally strongly allergic to meetings, but hasn't felt that way at all, good ways of dealing with problems, very fluid, efficient, and joyful
    • Shannon: 10, grateful for going beyond our foursome, enriches all of us
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:15

-- respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 00:18, 25 November 2007 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!