Minutes:20070505

From EcoReality

(Redirected from Minutes:20070505 AGM)
Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->
<-- previous AGMnext AGM -->

Saturday 5 May 2007: Annual General Meeting

Saturday 5 May 2007: Member's Meeting

  • Meeting brought to order: 10:35
  • Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner.
  • Facilitator: Shannon
  • Recorder: Jan
  • Check in
    • Carol: 9.5, energized by tomorrow's open house
    • Jan: 9, grateful for WWOOFers and all the work that they've done
    • Shannon: 8, grateful for good night's sleep, feeling of ease in house, glad to be facilitating
    • James: 8.5, grateful for past year and progress/growth, need to handle stress better, emotionally
  • Old business
    • Agenda approved with additions:
      • add July meeting date discussion
      • farm lease plan discussion
      • new projects and hours to work for co-op for May
    • Approved April minutes
    • Review to do list
      • Jan will update 31 to do list items as completed, stricken, or modified
  • New business
    • July members' meeting date (Carol)
      • Jan & Carol need to go to Oregon at that time for a family function.
      • AGREED: July meeting at 160 Sharp Road cancelled, a substitute meeting will take place, either in Vancouver, or via videoconf.
    • Site lease proposal discussion
      • J&S will be contributing the same as WWOOFers: either 6 hours work, or $10 lodging voluntary contribution and $2/$4/$4 (breakfast/lunch/dinner) meals voluntary contribution per person.
      • tabled until later in the meeting
    • Members meetings time limitations (James)
      • desire expressed to keep meetings to two hours
      • AGREED: facilitator will assume a more active role in managing the agenda, prioritizing items, working with the proposer to assign a time limit per item, possibly moving items to videoconf or other meetings as appropriate, with the help of another person who will be time keeper.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:20 until 16:00
  • Meeting re-convened at 16:10
    • Plan programming for June, July, and August
      • Themes: since the open house is in the "Water Management" month, and June is "Publicity & Recruiting" month, we will switch the two month's themes, and have another "Water Management" month in June.
      • June: In the next week, James & Jan will sketch out a water catchment workshop for Sunday, June 3.
        • [x] James will contact Tom Woods about instructing water catchment workshop. (James Cowan)
        • Publicity: ING, Driftwood, Advisory Council, posters
      • July: lavender
        • due to canceling early July meeting, this workshop would have to be late July
        • turn it into a free work party, rather than a paid workshop
        • [x] Shannon will contact possible trainers for lavender work party. (Shannon Cowan)
      • August: Farm Products
        • [x] Shannon will contact Dan Jason about doing a seed saving workshop. (Shannon Cowan)
      • AGREED: cancel future Advisory Council meetings, due to poor attendance, and cancel future work parties, subject to having specific tasks planned.
  • Closing
    • Confirmed roles for the next month: facilitator: Shannon, recorder: Jan, time-keeper: Carol.
    • Check out:
      • Shannon: 9, grateful for getting a lot done in meeting, really into facilitation, would like people to be on-time for meetings, confused over new food/lodging proposal.
      • Carol: 8.5, tired but happy with the meeting process, appreciates Shannon's facilitation, looking forward to tomorrow's open house.
      • James: 10, feels good, grateful about things covered, feels that J&C really consider J&S's needs when crafting proposals.
      • Jan: 7.5, glad James sees fairness in proposals, but confused about what has been agreed.
      • brief discussion proposal will be settled this evening after dinner.
  • Meeting adjourned at 17:01
  • Meeting re-convened at 21:47
    • AGREED: monthly member's assessment reduced to $25 per month, per member. (Work assessment of 12 hours per month per member retained. The 12 hours includes meeting and videoconf time, time stewardship time, and work on mutually agreed projects.)
    • AGREED: site lease proposal
    • AGREED: Shannon and James will contribute the same as WWOOFers during time they stay at EcoReality: either 6 hours work, or $10 lodging voluntary contribution and $2/$4/$4 (breakfast/lunch/dinner) meals voluntary contribution per person.
  • Meeting adjourned at 22:08

-- respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 22:10, 5 May 2007 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!