Milk bottle cleaning procedure
- After using some of the milk, periodically shake vigorously so that the separated "cream ring" is dissolved into the remaining milk.
- As soon as possible after emptying the bottle, rinse twice with cold water.
- Hot water smears the butterfat, making subsequent cleaning more difficult.
- Wash bottle with dish soap in the hottest water possible:
- Half fill bottle with hot-hot-hot soapy water, shake the water vigorously around in the bottle, empty and repeat.
- Check for any milk residue and if necessary, soak bottle in hot, soapy water.
- If available, use a bottle brush on the neck of the bottle.
- Use a wash cloth or bottle brush on the rings around the outside of the neck of the bottle.
- Rinse thoroughly in hot-hot-hot water.
- Be sure to clean the cap thoroughly in the same hot soapy water.
- Air-dry the bottle and cap. Only when the bottle and cap are completely dry, is it okay to place cap on the bottle.
- If you leave water in the bottle and put the cap on, this creates an environment for mould to grow.
Although we re-wash all returns, bottles that are returned dirty are subject to an additional fee.
Please help us by returning completely clean and dry bottles -- thank you!
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus