Project ID: 140
to supply ourselves and the greater community with a local source for medicinal herbs
Local herbalists and naturopaths whom we've polled obtain their herbal supplies from far away, mostly China. This is a "price elastic" market, and they would gladly pay more for quality material that was produced locally.
This profit centre is for the propagation, cultivation, harvest, processing, marketing, and sales of medicinal herbs.
- 2012-02-29 project begun.
Goal or deliverable
Timeline, schedule, or end date
time-related aspects of the project, which may include intermediate deadlines, dependencies, etc
- 2012-02-20 Order seeds. DONE
- 2012-03-09 Planting plan complete.
- 2012-03-30 Planting begun.
- 2012-09-30 First harvest.
This project will be initially funded by Jan Steinman. No cash outlays from EcoReality are expected in the first year. Once the profit centre becomes established, Jan may request that it go "on budget" and that he receive Class A or Class B shares for any qualifying expenses or labour.
First year labour budget
- 20 hours planning & procurement
- 40 hours design
- 40 hours marketing
- 300 hours planting, watering, harvesting
- 100 hours processing, packaging, labelling
Total of 500 hours, or one person, one-quarter time, over one year.
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
List of disbursements, including:
- final, reconciled costs of the project,
- where money came from for the project, including Class A/B investment shares and to whom they are issued,
- final, reconciled labour on the project,
- After final accounting, no more time can be allocated to a project.
- Class B investment shares and to whom they are issues.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus