Land Use Planning Steward
The Land Use Planning Steward speaks for the overall land use of the ecovillage. This will be an intensive responsibility prior to ground-breaking, but should lessen thereafter.
Duties and responsibilities prior to ground breaking include:
- In collaboration with all members, coming up with a Permaculture design and site plan, for both built and natural environments.
- Research, analysis, and synthesis from the Salt Spring Island Official Community Plan and Capitol Regional District Land Use Bylaw #355.
- Liaison with Island Trust planners to assure compliance with what might be practical in a re-zoning application.
- Liaison with public officials about needed zoning and bylaw changes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to public officials and at public hearings.
- "Shepherd" the re-zoning through the process.
As Land Use Planning Steward, I intend to integrate Permaculture ethics, principles, and design patterns with the Salt Spring Island Official Community Plan and the local Land Use Planning Bylaw, to come up with a sustainable land use plan that has the greatest possible chance of getting through the re-zoning process. -- Jan Steinman 17:25, 8 April 2008 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus