External trade guidelines
This is intended to be a guiding statement that will serve to help each person at EcoReality to make clear, reciprocally-equivocal agreements with external parties regarding trades. It is not being created as policy, and therefore the term guidelines is used to encourage usage, without requiring it as a community agreement.
When any EcoReality residents (members, non-members/renters) coordinate trades with outside parties on behalf of EcoReality, and is thus speaking for all of us, they will strive to use the following guidelines.
For example, trades may consist of:
- equipment or
- harvesting neighbouring apple trees,
- caring for animals/crops on another property,
- doing workparties on other properties,
EcoReality encourages using the following guidelines:
- Discuss clear, specific trade items with the external party.
- Before verbal agreement is reached, bring the proposed trade to an EcoReality resident's meeting to ensure that EcoReality labour/goods/services are available at the time requested and that EcoReality residents are in agreement with the trade.
- Put the traded items in writing for both parties
- this will include quantities (in appropriate units), dates/timing and other specifics such as which plants/animals/equipment by name and location
- this will be communicated in written form (email, lettermail) to both EcoReality residents and the trading partner(s)
- Get consent from the external party that the written agreement represents his/her interpretation of the verbal agreement.
- Agree to be the coordinator of the trade and see it through as steward, or to ensure another EcoReality resident agrees to do so.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus