Conflict resolution protocol
- Members and residents of EcoReality community co-create healthy and sustainable social relationships by generating patience, space and support for conflicting parties to deal directly with each other.
When a member of EcoReality is in conflict with another person, they agree to practise:
- Communicate compassionately with oneself.
- Communicate compassionately about the conflict with the other person.
- If the conflict is not resolved (to mutual satisfaction) after 2 conversations with the other person, arrange to have a mutually-agreed third party Witness and to use Compassionate communication.
- If the conflict is not resolved (to mutual satisfaction) after 2 witnessed conversations, request assistance of the Group Process steward (or any member or resident willing to facilitate) to bring the conflict before all residents at a compost meeting, process meeting or a heart circle.
If the persons in conflict are unable to resolve the conflict after step 4, and if the persons involved agree all avenues of conflict resolution have been exhausted, then the persons involved may choose to engage in outside mediation to resolve the conflict.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus