We will soon have nearly four acres behind deer fencing. I don't think we're ready to work it all. So why not see if others in the community would like to work it?
- possible recruiting from among community farmers
- good public relations
- establishing a track record and experience before the management of the neighbouring community farmland is decided
- becoming known in the greater community as "the community farm people"
- possibly having to deal with people who are not aligned with our values
- also, the advantage of widening our scope through exposure to those with other values
- possible conflict in future years if we want to "take back" land earlier used for community farming
- not a problem as long as we have clear, written agreements
- possible ruffled feathers among those who have a different vision of community farming
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus