Project/Community farm store
Project ID: 144
We need an improved farmgate sales facility, and we could share it with other farms in the valley.
The green building is under-utilized, and either the classroom or a portion of the workshop could be quickly and simply outfitted as a community farm stand. Construction over the slow winter period, with opening by spring 2013.
- 2012-08-15 project approved in principle.
Goal or deliverable
- Convert one bay of the green building into a community farm store.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
time-related aspects of the project, which may include intermediate deadlines, dependencies, etc
- 2012-08-15: project approval
generally, a numbered list of tasks, performed in order, that will together accomplish the project's goals or deliverables
- Partition the west bay of the workshop in a dust-proof manner, so that workshop operations won't impact retail operations.
- Obtain necessary fixtures.
- Partition electrical so lights are on own switch for each bay.
- Clean up parking lot.
- Recruit neighbouring farmers to sell their wares.
- Set up accounting and bookkeeping systems.
- Create road and internal signage.
how much money will be needed, possibly high-low bracketed and detailed, or a complete guess (try to indicate how firm a guess it is!)
Confidence factor: ±100%; may be covered by found/salvaged materials.
- No Class A shares envisioned; "pay as you go" financing.
how many people are needed for how long, including specific people or specific skill-sets
- 20 hours: Jan: research, design, setting up record keeping systems and paperwork needs
- 20 hours: Ben: operations research, recruiting
- 160 hours: Jan, Ben, and others: construction and installation
Confidence factor: ±50%
- Up to 4,500 Class B Investment Shares issued for up to 300 hours of labour
|1000001||Cash||$45.00||2014-07-15 00:00:00||2014-07-15 00:00:00|
|6200001||Currency Exchange||$31.61||2015-01-10 00:00:00||2015-01-10 00:00:00|
|1110022||FARP: Community Farm Store||$352.66||2014-02-26 00:00:00||2016-04-11 00:00:00|
|6850000||Maintenance||$141.16||2019-05-15 00:00:00||2019-05-15 00:00:00|
|5040002||Seeds Purchased||$288.45||2015-01-10 00:00:00||2019-01-22 00:00:00|
|2330030||Taxes, GST/HST||$18.87||2014-02-26 00:00:00||2019-03-19 00:00:00|
|2330020||Taxes, PST||$25.80||2014-02-26 00:00:00||2019-03-19 00:00:00|
|5040000||Transplant Propagation Expense||$140.96||2019-01-02 00:00:00||2019-03-29 00:00:00|
|5040000||TOTAL:||$1,044.51||2014-02-26 00:00:00||2019-05-15 00:00:00|
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2016-05-03||15 km||$6.420||EcoReality||Slegg elec parts for farm store||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2016-04-08||11 km||$4.708||EcoReality||outlet boxes for farm store||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2015-04-16||66 km||$28.248||EcoReality||get farm store shelving from BC Auction||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2015-03-04||52 km||$22.256||EcoReality||get fridges for farm store||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2014-12-15||25 km||$10.700||EcoReality||fetch garage door for farm store, errands||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2012-08-06||139 km||$59.492||EcoReality||Harvest free freezer and BBQ from Sooke.||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2012-08-05||16 km||$6.848||EcoReality||Harvest free fridge for produce storage and farm store.||yes|
List of disbursements, including:
- final, reconciled costs of the project,
- where money came from for the project, including Class A/B investment shares and to whom they are issued,
- final, reconciled labour on the project,
- After final accounting, no more time can be allocated to a project.
- Class A investment shares and to whom they are issued.
- Class B investment shares and to whom they are issued.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus