- Agricultural Land Commission Act
- How the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) land is regulated. Although this is dry bureaucratic writing, it is a must read for those planning to buy land in the ALR!
- BC Home and Garden
- "Sharing sustainable ideas for our homes & gardens in British Columbia!" --Jan Steinman 10:34, 18 September 2011 (PDT)
- is The Institute for Food and Development Policy. It shapes how people think by analyzing the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and developing solutions in partnership with movements working for social change. Oakland, California is home base, but the issues discussed through this medium are worldwide. Shan 10:30, 24 January 2008 (PST)
- Food Safety: Canadians' Awareness, Attitudes and Behaviours. July 20, 2011
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency's report on Canadians' attitudes toward food safety. --Jan Steinman 18:04, 6 October 2011 (PDT)
- Herb'n Wisdom
- Permaculture instructor and flower essence producer Marisha Auerbach presents a wealth of information on edible flowers, permaculture, and much more. --Janemail 01:50, 17 June 2006 (PDT)
- Intervale, Vermont
- is a center or association of farms. It supports financially viable and environmentally sustainable agriculture on 354 acres of farmland, nursery, compost production, trails, and wildlife corridors along the Winooski River in Burlington region, VT. It is a model for collaborative regional food security through agroecological design and management of humans, land and resources.
- Island Natural Growers
- ING promotes natural farming as one of the primary building blocks in establishing a sustainable community. It is the goal of ING to operate as a mutual self-help society that takes in the interests of farmers, gardeners, and the entire rural community.
- Food, Fuel, and Freeways
- an Iowa perspective on how far food travels, fuel usage, and greenhouse gas emmissions. I'll bet you didn't know that the average distance that food travels between where it is grown and where it is consumed is over 2,400 kilometers! (1,500 miles). National food distribution uses as much as 17 times as much fuel as regional and local distribution -- which means 17 times as much greenhouse gas. --Jan Steinman 15:39, 23 May 2005 (PDT)
- Organic farming uses less energy...
- A report from Cornell University that demonstrates that organic farming is more energy-efficient than conventional farming, using 22 years of data. Another David Pimentel gem! --Jan Steinman 21:25, 28 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Permaculture Magazine
- Solutions for Sustainable Living. This UK-based publication's website features full text articles from back issues. --Added on: 13:19, 25 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Polyface Farm
- Joel Salatin is part of a quiet revolution, of eating sustainably within your foodshed, an area of about a half-day's drive. He refuses to FedEx a Mother Jones write a chicken, and here's why. --Janemail 21:57, 27 April 2006 (PDT)
- Salt Spring Seeds
- Description: For 18 years, Dan Jason has promoted self-empowerment by providing untreated seeds to grow high-protein, good yielding, and great tasting crops. We encourage seed-saving by offering only open-pollinated seeds. It is our hope that the grains, beans, vegetables, and herbs featured here, through their reliability & nutritional, medicinal, & aesthetic benefits, lead to increased community self-sufficiency and personal satisfaction. --Added on: 23-Dec-2003
- Seed and Plant Sanctuary for Canada
- We are dedicated to the health and vitality of the earth through the preservation and promotion of heritage seeds. We are committed to maintaining, evaluating and keeping databases for all the edible, medicinal and useful crops that can be grown in Canada. We are a learning centre and network encouraging local food and seed production. --Added on: 23-Dec-2003
- The Scythe Connection
- Who needs a lawn mower? Who needs a weed-eater! Well, what did they use before lawnmowers and weed-eaters? This site has over a hundred pages on purchase, use, care, and feeding of the scythe, including a section on "Mower's Artwork" for those who believe crop-circles are made, not borne by aliens. --
- Sustainable Living on a Small Farm the Permaculture Way
- Lots of resources for those interested in Permaculture. — Jan Steinman 08:14, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- WWOOF Travel, Work, and Learn
- A website that links workers with farmers. —Jan Steinman 22:17, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus