When adding agreements, put most recent first, with link to minutes.
If there is a discrepancy, the version in the minutes has precedence.
Generally, only strategic agreements and matters of ongoing governance are recorded here. Please review minutes for short-term agreements.
Minutes:20140928 Sunday, 28 September 2014 Directors' Meeting
- AGREED: We will craft a letter, giving vagrants 24 hours notice that they must leave the property. We will secure the door of the trailer, which is unfit for habitation. We will call the police if vagrants are still on-site 24 hours after either hard-delivering the letter, or posting it on the trailer, whichever is earlier. We will remind Rudy that the trailer does not belong to him, and that his personal guests are expected to stay in his trailer. We will remind Rudy that guests of EcoReality are expected to contribute to EcoReality for their stay, either financially, or by labour, as determined by the EcoReality Farm Steward in consultation with other stewards.
Minutes:20140921 Sunday, 21 September 2014 Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Time spent cooking and cleaning should normally not be counted as EcoReality time, if it is rotated on an equal basis. Time spent cooking and cleaning for events, or if done disproportionately (for example, one person consistently caring for the group, without rotating duties) can be counted as EcoReality time. General rule-of-thumb: if you'd have to do it living alone, it doesn't count. If you would get paid for it, such as being hired as a cook or housecleaner, it does count.
- AGREED: Members who have a revolving loan to EcoReality Co-op will be credited .371% interest monthly (4.45% annual rate), effective 1 August 2014.
- AGREED: Debts owed to EcoReality for 30 days or longer be assessed a finance charge of 0.433% each month, equivalent to a 5.2% annual rate, which will accrue to the debt owed if unpaid.
- AGREED: The definition of a "member in good standing" is changed to include attendance of at least 50% of all meetings within the past 90 days, or a minimum of one meeting per month within the past 90 days, whichever is fewer.
- AGREED: Cleome will contribute her Stihl 024 chain saw in exchange for 200 Class B Investment Shares.
- AGREED: Jan will contribute his Homelite 240 chain saw in exchange for 200 Class B Investment Shares.
Minutes:20140217 Monday, 17 February 2014 Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to rent outdoor working space to Byron Robillard for the month of March for $300, including a nominal amount of electricity (no electric space heating). It will be in front of the eastmost bay of the Green Building. If the space is needed after the end of March, it will be at $100 per week, as we will be needing that space for market garden prep. Jan will rent Byron welding equipment and tools under a separate agreement.
- AGREED: EcoReality will assume possession of Sunshine (1981 Volkswagen Vanagon) for use as a dedicated electric market vehicle, in exchange for 2,000 Class B shares to Jan.
- AGREED: EcoReality will convert Sunshine to electric drive, for use as a dedicated electric market vehicle. Jan will loan funds (as needed) to EcoReality for materials and perform the conversion for Class B shares for his labour and that of other helpers.
Minutes:20130722 Monday, 22 July 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: EcoReality will cover Jan's legal costs in the assault charge made by Jennifer Campbell, recognizing that the alleged incidents took place during the discharge of Jan's normal co-op duties.
Minutes:20130617 Wednesday, 17 June 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Application for membership from Cleome Rowe accepted.
Minutes:20130313 Wednesday, 13 March 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Carol is a non-resident member, effective immediately, and no longer gets residents' discounts on farm goods, and her labour requirement goes down from one hour per day to ten hours per month, in accordance with previously agreed labour policy.
- AGREED: as Farm Steward, Jennifer Campbell will receive an estimate of 25% of market garden net profit on a monthly basis, with another 25% when the books are closed at the end of 2013. Expenses will include living space and food, for volunteers as well as her family, as well as direct expenses such as seed, supplies, vehicle expense, etc.
- AGREED: EcoReality will cover Jan's cost of lodging and meals, in accordance with our established volunteer agreement.
Minutes:20130227 Wednesday, 27 February 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to defer decision to sell EcoReality, pending outcome of this season's activities.
Minutes:20130220 Wednesday, 20 February 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Jan to proceed with planning and fund-seeking for EcoNest cottage project, but EcoReality cannot commit funds at this time.
Minutes:20130123 Wednesday, 23 January 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Per written agreement, Jan Steinman and Carol Wagner agree to ask for redemption of no more than 500 of their Class A shares per month, until revoked. This agreement does not apply to board-approved share transfers to other parties, nor does it apply to liquidation of all Class A shares.
Minutes:20130109 Wednesday, 9 January 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Regular weekly meeting moved from 9 AM to 11 AM on Wednesdays, so Carol can attend.
Minutes:20130102 Wednesday, 2 January 2013, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to close off the commercial propagation greenhouse project. Jan to be given 8465.5 Class B Investment Shares, Carol to be given 492 Class B Investment Shares.
- AGREED: to begin the process of selling EcoReality. Jan to steward and to be compensated $15 per hour, retroactive to the beginning of December 2012.
Minutes:20121212 Wednesday, 12 December 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Goat shed II project is completed successfully, with 736.5 Class B shares to Jan Steinman and 195 Class B shares to Carol Wagner.
Minutes:20121205 Wednesday, 5 December 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to rescind agreement made on 2011-11-30 to charge Jan & Carol rent for the Yellow House, retroactive to September 2012, when yellow house room rental income began going directly to the co-op. The co-op will pay all expenses for renting these rooms, also retroactive to September.
- AGREED: to firewood assessment of $25 per each of five White House rooms, per month, October through May. Based on: eight cords of wood for $2,000, divided by two houses ($1,000 for each house), divided by five rooms ($200 per room) divided by eight heating months, October through May ($25). Jan will discuss with Ben to make sure he thinks this works -- or come up with a better idea.
Minutes:20120919 Wednesday, 19 September 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Casual harvesting and consumption: all harvests bigger than a small handful are to be weighed in and logged. People who are actively putting volunteer work into producing food are free to use that food for meals, being mindful of not impacting farm income (eating seconds, avoiding high-value products, etc.) Residents who are not actively working the fields should buy EcoReality-produced food from the roadside stand or the yellow house stand.
Minutes:20120912 Wednesday, 12 September 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Issue 50 Class B Investment Shares to Carol Wagner in exchange for a used garburator.
Minutes:20120801 Wednesday, 1 August 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to stop trying to rent the entire white house, but to pursue it as a rooming house and farm stay hostelry, under Ben's stewardship.
Minutes:20120725 Wednesday, 25 July 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to proceed with produce cooling shed, pending funding. Jan has sent the project abstract to a potential funder. We will settle on a date over the next few meetings.
Minutes:20120627 Wednesday, 27 June 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to Friday "community day," with work party at 13:00, farm tour at 17:00, public potluck at 18:00, and movie/presentation/program afterward.
- AGREED: Ben Corno has agreed to be work party steward, and will co-ordinate weekly work party activities.
Minutes:20120613 Wednesday, 13 June 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to extend our mortgage by $35,000 to cover upcoming investor redemptions. Jan will come up with final wording as per CCEC's requirements.
Minutes:20120425 Wednesday, 25 March 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to issue 1,230 Class A shares to Jan for new 52" rotovator.
Minutes:20120411 Wednesday, 11 March 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Members are unanimous in choosing soil blocks over plastic plug trays, and acknowledge that we depend on volunteer labour, for which we are deeply grateful.
Minutes:20120404 Wednesday, 4 March 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: EcoReality will accept donation of a functioning 20 foot GMC P-30 recreational vehicle from Mataji. We do not intend to carry insurance, but there may be a title transfer fee. Jan will arrange transport to EcoReality with Mataji.
Minutes:20120321 Wednesday, 21 March 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED to issue 1,050 Class A Investment Shares to Jan Steinman for brand new diesel water pump and 100' of 3" suction line, with two camlock connectors and two foot valves. This is necessary in order to start a siphon from the reservoir for irrigating the East Field and the greenhouse. It will require an additional expenditure for a camlock adaptor for the pump input and output, which are currently threaded connectors.
Minutes:20120310 Saturday, 10 March 2012, Directors' Meeting
- AGREED: On an ongoing basis, the directors approve transfers of any number of Class A Investment Shares from Ron Pither to any present Class A Investment Share holder. Transfers to those who are not Class A Investment Share holders as of 10 March 2012 will still require separate board approval.
Minutes:20120229 Wednesday, 29 February 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to set up a new profit centre for the planting, cultivation, processing, marketing, and sales of medicinal herbs, with Jan as steward. Jan will provide initial funding and planning.
Minutes:20120118 Wednesday, 18 January 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to host bees owned by Christian Tatonetti. Jan will draft a written agreement.
- AGREED: to the budget 2012 as presented.
Minutes:20120104 Wednesday, 4 January 2012, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: unanimously (including Ron) to proceed with the new project, necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality.
- AGREED: regular weekly meeting time moved to 9AM (Wednesdays).
Minutes:20111214 Wednesday, 14 December 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Ron is to take the standard BC Residential Tenancy Agreement that he will not agree to, and make modifications to it to the point that he finds it acceptable, and that he and EcoReality will use that as a starting point for negotiation on a final residential agreement for the white house.
Minutes:20111207 Wednesday, 7 December 2011, Members' Meeting
- AGREED: final approval to issue the following shares for labour and materials on a capital project (yellow house skylights):
- 584.17 Class A Investment Shares to Jan Steinman
- 31.20 Class A Investment Shares to Carol Wagner
- 2280.17 Class B Investment Shares to Jan Steinman
- 225 Class B Investment Shares to Carol Wagner
- AGREED: Money beyond $1,100/month rent that Jan & Carol put into paying EcoReality expenses and mortgage will be in the form of a revolving loan, which will be assessed 0.354% interest monthly (4.25% annual rate), compounded.
- AGREED: debts owed to EcoReality for 30 days or longer be assessed a finance charge of 0.416% each month, equivalent to a 5% annual rate, which will accrue to the debt owed if unpaid.
- AGREED: debts owed to EcoReality for more than 180 days be referred to a collection agency, at the sole discretion of the finance steward, who can consider mitigating circumstances, such as if a payment plan has been agreed and is being followed
Minutes:20111130 Wednesday, 30 November 2011, Members' Meeting
- AGREED: all residents will sign standard BC Residential Tennancy Agreements (RTA), as linked below. Rudy's rent of $200 for his trailer space remains unchanged. Carol and Jan (yellow house) will begin paying rent of $1,100 per month. Ron (white house) will begin paying rent of $750 per month, plus $350 per month toward his debt on unpaid taxes and insurance. Each house is also responsible for insurance, taxes, and utilities.
Minutes:20111102 Wednesday, 2 November 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: 2012 monthly themes same as those of 2011.
Minutes:20111019 Wednesday, 19 October 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: We discussed Ron's debt to the co-op for insurance and taxes, and agreed to give him a statement to that effect.
Minutes:20111012 Wednesday, 12 October 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Reaffirmed that all harvests from EcoReality property are to be weighed and logged.
- AGREED: Reaffirmed last meeting's agreement with Ron that he will provide copies of invoices for produce he has been taking to local grocers.
- AGREED: Ron and Carol will sit down and review grocers' invoices and harvest discrepancies.
- AGREED: Reaffirmed that there will be no reimbursement for expenses without request beforehand and originals of all receipts, as agreed in our compensated expenses policy.
- AGREED: Reaffirmed that there will be no reimbursement for volunteer expenses (lodging and food) without timesheets showing a minimum of 36 hours per week on EcoReality work, submitted by the 15th of each month for the preceding month's work, in accordance with our written volunteer co-op support agreement.
- AGREED: Ron is not to bring any more materials to EcoReality without submitting a budget with the total, non-negotiable cost beforehand.
- AGREED: Noted that Ron owes EcoReality for two years of insurance on the White House ($1,529 and $1,302) and one year of property tax (to be determined, estimated to be around $1,000). Carol will document these unpaid expenses and invoice Ron for them.
- AGREED: Jan will re-train Manu to read the meters and to submit meter readings to Carol, so Ron can be compensated for half the electricity used by the pump and workshop.
Minutes:20110727 Tuesday, 27 July 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to volunteer co-op support agreement as written.
Minutes:20110615 Wednesday, 15 June 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED to issue $120.00 class A shares to Jan for new irrigation pump (installed).
Minutes:20110607 Tuesday, 7 June 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED to special resolution to add three new classes of investment shares,
- AGREED to establish a formal community supported agriculture "food box" program, and to commence selling Class C investment shares, pending BC approval.
- AGREED to establish a formal dairy herd share program, and to commence selling Class D investment shares, pending BC approval.
- AGREED to formally name Jan Steinman as EcoReality's agister, who will be responsible for running the dairy herd share program.
- AGREED to establish a formal biodiesel share program, and to commence selling Class E investment shares, pending BC approval.
- AGREED to formally name Jan Steinman as EcoReality's energy production steward, who will be responsible for running the biodiesel share program.
Minutes:20110531 Tuesday, 31 May 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Ron Pither has been given $150 Class B shares for this rototiller and we have authorized up to $200 for repairs.
Minutes:20110119 Wednesday, 19 January 2011, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Brad & Jennifer MacArthur are investing $10,000 in Class A shares for the commercial propagation greenhouse project.
Minutes:20101229 Wednesday, 29 December 2010, Residents' Meeting
Minutes:20101209 Thursday, 9 December 2010, Special Directors' Meeting
- AGREED: To open an account with CCEC with Carol and Jan as the sole signers. This account is only for the purpose of financing EcoReality property; having two signers is for convenience only, as otherwise every director would need to make a trip to Vancouver for maintenance of this account. Carol and Jan will be required to obtain full board approval for any transfers to or from this account.
Minutes:20101124 Wednesday, 24 November 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to raise lodging & meals for visitors to $25/$25 per person.
Minutes:20101117 Wednesday, 17 November 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Yellow house suite project approved.
Minutes:20101013 Wednesday, 13 October 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: Installation of yellow house skylights project. Jan & Carol will receive class A shares for expenses and class B shares for labour.
Minutes:20100908 Wednesday, 08 September 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to fund and implement the emergency power project, an electrical hookup to have water and electricity to both houses and the classroom/garage/shop building and water in case of power outage.
Minutes:20100901 Wednesday, 01 September 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to authorize EcoReality to borrow $350,000 to re-finance our mortgage.
Minutes:20100816 Monday, 16 August 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to add Class "C" "Supporter" shares.
- AGREED: that EcoReality Co-op reimburse Jan & Carol for meals and lodging for investors and recruits who eat or stay here, at the standard rate, rather than ask the recruit or investor to pay, retroactive to July 11, the first time we had a potential investor visit in many months.
Minutes:20100412 Monday, 12 April 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to re-classify certain housing payments.
Minutes:20100405 Monday, 5 April 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: EcoReality Co-op will rent the white house to Ken Conrad & Angie Conrad in exchange for full-time farm work, with security deposit of $750, and addressing of concerns raised, subject to review of references.
Minutes:20100315 Monday, 15 March 2010, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: It is agreed that monies paid since withdrawal from membership will be considered as rent and James & Shannon's March cheque should be dated for the 1st of March.
Minutes:20100222 Monday, 22 February 2010, Special Members' Meeting to interview and add a new member
- AGREED: to accept the membership application of Rudy Siegers. His membership will begin tomorrow when his member share is paid.
- AGREED: Rudy is elected to serve as a Director of the co-op commensurate with his membership tomorrow.
Minutes:20091102 Monday, 02 November 2009, member's Meeting
- AGREED: Changes to the coop memorandum to support BC Assessment's Home Owner Grant.
Minutes:20090830 Sunday, 30 August 2009, Members' Meeting
- AGREED: Option 3 from the agenda is how we will deal with refunds (to investors who have requested redemption). (Option 3 reads "EcoReality to contact Mark and Penny (and other reimbursees) on the anniversary of the boundary adjustment (ie. the date the debt is due to be paid off) to inform them of the status of EcoReality's financial situation and whether they can expect an earlier payback date than the 3 yrs, and a plan for what that date and repayment plan might be pending Co-Op finances")
Minutes:20090804 Tuesday, 4 August 2009, Residents' Meeting
- AGREED: to change to Coop_rules/16_Directors/Change_to_Rule_85 to add Directors and all that that implies.
- AGREED: to the graduated series of consequences.
- AGREED: to the definition of good standing.
Minutes:20090717 Friday, 17 July 2009, Members' Teleconference
- AGREED: EcoReality will issue 50 Class A shares to Jan Steinman for the piano.
Minutes:20090426 Sunday, 26 April 2009, Members' Meeting
- AGREED: Class B shares for Carol’s request. $224.88 for shop hydro, breakers, fruit pickers, towel rings.
Minutes:20090329 Sunday, 29 March 2009, Members' Meeting
- AGREED We accept the changes Jan made to values, vision, and mission statements, as made at the un-recorded session of 2 January 2009: changes to values, changes to vision, changes to mission
- AGREED We approve the Field Lease Agreement with Gavin as written. (Include link). Shannon will create a written document and have Gavin sign it.
Minutes:20090228 Saturday, 28 February 2009, Members' Meeting
- AGREED We agree in principle to hosting events that have some connection to agriculture.
Minutes:20090206 Friday 6 February 2009: Members' Teleconference
- AGREED Approval for $1616 and 120 hours of labour to add an 8'x32', eight-cord woodshed and storage extension on to the existing woodshed/tool shed. Class B shares will be issued to members who work on this project. WWOOF assistance will be used to complete the project asap. The funds will be taken from the restricted funds to pay for this project.
- AGREED Class A shares of up to $446 will be issued to James and Shannon for 2172 shelving project after its completion as described on the Wiki page.
Minutes:20090131 Saturday, 31 January 2009, Members' Meeting
- AGREED We agree to lease Gavin some portion of the 10 acre field in exchange for hay and manure and/or exchange of other items/energy, details of which will be worked out by Shannon and those supporting her.
Minutes:20090123 Friday 23 January 2009: Members' Teleconference
- AGREED that EcoReality will reimburse resident households $10 per day for cost of feeding and lodging WWOOFers, apprentices or other farm labourers as so designated in agreement by EcoReality members. (This is separately agreed and documented on the page volunteer co-op support, more formally agreed in Minutes:20110727.)
Minutes:20081129 Saturday 29 November 2008: Member's Meeting
- AGREED: ** Request for Class A Shares for upgrades to wood heat, for ceiling fans in both houses. 2152 - $26.75 Class A investment shares to Jan for cash outlay for ceiling fan. $30.00 Class B investment shares to Jan for aluminum diamond plate (material on hand) to bring hearth to code. $15.00 Class B investment shares to Jan, for procure the ceiling fan. $77.75 Class B investment shares to Jan, for install ceiling fan (5:11 labour). $15.00 Class B investment shares to James (1:00 labour). 2172 - $20.00 Class A shares to James for cash outlay for ceiling fan. $24.00 Class A shares to James for cash outlay for fan mounting bracket. $15.00 Class B shares to James for installation labour (1:00). $42.25 Class B shares to Jan for installation labour (2:49).
Minutes:20081025 Saturday 25 October 2008: Member's Meeting
- AGREED Jan - requesting Class A & B shares for electrical work. $70 Class A shares for 1 meter and 2 meter boxes. $15 Class B shares to Carol for assembling the materials. $45 Class B shares to James for mounting meters & boxes, $120 Class B shares to Jan for engineering, mounting and hook-up of meters. $30 to Jan for market value of second meter box. Approved!
Minutes:20080905 Friday 5 September 2008: Member's Teleconference
- AGREED: Classroom rental rate will be $10 per hour (minimum) or 25% of revenue (maximum). Qi Gong will keep renting for $500+GST per month and Rudy Hexter and Shannon have the option of paying 25% of revenues as a minimum. Rental prices will be open for re-negotiation throughout the fall with January 2009 as the earliest implementation date of revised rates.
Minutes:20080830 Saturday 30 August 2008: Member's Meeting
- AGREED to negative stock split of 84.224501% on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares.
- AGREED EcoReality will issue 135,996 new Class B shares, to be distributed to all outstanding Class A shareholders at the rate of 15.775499% per Class A share.
- AGREED EcoReality will offer Gavin lease for hay on EcoReality property. Details and full proposal to come.
- AGREED Formally adopted Proposed labour policy
Minutes:20080813 Resident's Teleconference with Golden Shield Qi Gong
- AGREED: Cleaning policy: leave it as good (or better than) you found it. Rudy Siegers agreed to be classroom steward, and will take care of nominal maintenance needs, but is empowered to nag people and groups who do not take care of the space.
- AGREED: Rudy can park his camper on a trial basis, and will perform agricultural labour and pay between $100 and $300 per month. He will require only electricity and access to water
- AGREED: to the dwelling equity formula as presented, on a trial basis, to be reviewed no later than six months from now (December '08)
- AGREED: EcoReality resident members agree to 30 hours per month (roughly one hour per day) of labour toward approved projects. This includes meeting time, planning & preparation, time spent on reading and replying to EcoReality email, stewardship responsibilities, and other projects that are approved by the membership from time to time. As with the current convention, time over 30 hours is not to be "banked" without prior approval of a steward with a labour budget or by general membership.
- AGREED: Residency is a priority for members who have invested the minimum number of Class A shares, currently 100,000. This number may go up or down, based on how our re-zoning application proceeds. If a member is resident while paying an internal loan toward the minimum number of Class A shares, and another member joins who has the minimum number and who needs housing, the member who has the minimum number of Class A shares has priority on housing space. Similarly, members with the minimum number of Class A shares have housing priority over non-member renters.
- AGREED: Jan's time performing communication steward duties are to be banked until such time as they can be either compensated or applied to community time.
- Due to insurance issues, we verbally agreed to change our lodging and meal fees to be a "voluntary donation" to help offset our costs of having guests. Our insurance agent agreed that the suggested donation amounts were clearly not profit-motivated, and having them as a "voluntary donation" may result in our getting better quotes for insurance.
- WOOFers staying over 2 weeks will receive a gift (max $20 value).
- Long stay WWOOFers get one day off per week with meals and lodging provided.
- We will join WWOOF, and we approve the description as posted.
- We set work-trade value at $15/hour
- Proposals for coop "projects" should be put on the wiki, using one of the existing project pages as a template.
- EcoReality members will not spend money and seek reimbursement without prior agreement, unless the expense is an emergency, defined as "imminent danger of injury or property damage."
- Personal items that are freely available for communal use will be "purchased" by the coop via Class B investment shares. The procedure for obtaining Class B shares has been established.
- EcoReality will join Canadian Organic Growers in order to participate in local chapter (Island Natural Growers) activities.
- Communication steward: Jan Steinman
- Ecology steward: Shannon Binns (statutory president)
- Finance steward: Carol Wagner (statutory vice-president)
- Program steward: James Cowan
The group will split into two sections:
- the members intended to be the initial members of a land-holding entity, and
- the Advisory Council: other interested parties who cannot make a firm financial and time commitment at this time.
- The name of group and wiki will be EcoReality.
Historians may be interested in agreement log, old, to where irrelevant agreements are moved.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus