Action Plan: Individual Funders
Individual Funder Action Plan
GOAL: $400,000 by April 1, 2010
- Call Fundraisers (Nicollette Whistler, Marcia Thomson and Bobbi Duvall UBC, Jan's 10, BMO Whistler) Feb 12
- Rapsheet (and script for conversation) emailed to Members 4 Feb
- Resources and Plans page - cut and paste this data and discuss its completeness and make suggestions for improvement
- Executive Summary; Who, What, Where, When, Why and How (2 pg max, inlcudes explanation of finances and investment shares) (Use Shannon and Jan's Finance models, other)
- Levels of Contribution (from Land Purchase Fund Drive page, also in Participation Packet below)
- Script - Questions to ask potential participants. (eg Advisory council already? Certain ques apply - eg. Investor potential?
- Participation Packet: 27-Jan
- Use existing Wiki page contents or excerpts from them. Place into the following 4 main documents. All to be compiled into PDF - including URLs for more detail on some portions.
- Executive Summary - Who, What Where, When, Why and How (2 pg max) Includes brief explanation of financing plan and investment shares
- Building Guidelines (?)
- CRD map / Google Earth map
- Land Purchase Fund Drive page (from wiki) Proposal: let's add "names" to the Levels of Contribution: (note: on names: instead of bronze, silver, platinum I chose some biological levels/entities that had resonance for me. We could choose another series of names for the levels)
- Human Level: Member application and process towards residency and directorship in the Co-Operative - $1000 member share (link to Membership page) and link to Membership application process page.
- Ecosystem Level: Investor (One of 2 ways)
- 1) Investment Shares (Class A) purchased. Proposal: Add to the Land Purchase Fund Drive page: Does not confer participation in Co-Operative decision making unless Membership is also pursued (and that Investment Shares can be purchased without being a Member)
- 2) Investment placed in Land Purchase Trust - will be converted to Class A Investment Shares in September 2010 (or return to Investor if EcoReality's fundraising goal is not reached - URL to Trust Page) (add to http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/Finance)
- Plant Level: Supporter - $500 share - benefits: member pricelist for farm products, Plant a Tree in our Labyrinth/Roadscreen (need to add to http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/Finance)
- Community Level: Gifts - include donations of items we need (eg. composting toilets, solar panels, showerheads, garden tools, compost, labour)
- Animal Level: Lender (Terms of loan to be determined, preferred pre-payment option, 0-4%, prefer over at least 5 years) (suggest changing wording of the "Loans" section on this page - simply to move the first sentence to later, as it is written in the negative.)
- Cellular Level: Advisory Council - free - newsletters - events (not on there, needs to be added with join link)
- Contact Us - information on Header and Footer of each page
- Whole Packet in PDF file. Easy to email to folks.
- Learn Jan's database for adding names, contact info, information gleaned in phone calls/outreach Feb 15-18
- Call Advisory Council my List and related networks (20 calls minimum)
- Network through Advisory and develop Master list of all contacts in database (avg. 20 calls weekly, follow up calls also)
- Conversations with other members to find out what they have done and keep enthusiasm high for being in touch with others outside our circle, asking for help and contributions.
- Work with fundraiser to divide calls, other strategies Feb 10-Mar 30
- Report to Group on Individual Funders (results and learnings from one full month of working on telephoning, emailing, contacting people in earnest, with help of fundraiser) 10-Mar
- Develop a Presentation geared to - Individual Funders mar 15
- $200,000 in shares, Trust, donations achieved April 1
- Re-evaluate this action plan and strategize for April, May, June 1-Apr</tab>
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus