2009 spring retreat resource ownership/stewardship
- "A resource is anything that can be of use to humans." (Minutes:20070303) It can refer to items that are owned by the co-op or members. Items include: Tools, vehicles, electronics, buried spaceships etc.
- The goal of this session is to briefly discuss this topic as a full group and determine a timeline for further discussions or action items.
- Points to discuss:
- In relation to the farm and garden- What is the long term goal of the co-op as far as ownership goes? Do we want the co-op to own the tools and materials or individuals?
- If co-op ownership is desired, what is a timeline for transferring ownership of items and materials to the co-op?
- Who will steward various items?
- What will the protocol be for usage and maintenance, beyond what has already been agreed?
- If items are individually owned and being used by the co-op does the co-op pay for use?
- What if an individually owned item gets lost or damaged when being used for co-op use? Is the co-op responsible for replacement or repair?
- Are there situations where users might be responsible for replacing or repairing an item out of their own expense? Is this desired or to be avoided in the long term?
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus